译林版必修一 Unit 2 Let’s talk teens

重点短语

1、see eye to eye with sb(on sth)

(在某事上)与某人看法一致

2、shoot up

快速长高,窜个儿

3、calm down

平静,镇静,安静

4、from one’s point of view

从某人的角度、观点出发

5、think sth through

充分考虑,全盘考虑,想透

6、back down

承认错误,认输

7、cheer up

(使)变得高兴,振奋起来

8、be on one’s back about sth

缠磨,烦扰

9、draw sth out of sth

提取,支取

10、both……and……

两者都

11、turn out

出席某项活动;发生;结果是;证明是;制造

重点句型

1.Does every dinner with your parents seem to turn into a battle?

每次和父母一起吃晚餐似乎都会变成一场战争吗?(P16)

2.You may feel anxious that you are developing at a different rate to your friends, shooting up in height or getting left far behind.

你可能会感到焦虑,因为你的发展速度和你的朋友们不同,身高方面或者突飞猛进,或是被远远抛在后面。(P16)

3.You might worry about your changing voice, weight problems or spots.

你可能会担心你的声音变化、体重问题或粉刺。(P16)

4.When it all gets too much, your parents are often the first targets of your anger.

当这一切让你不堪重负时,父母常常会成为你发泄愤怒的首选目标。(P16)

5.You have both a new desire for independence and a continued need for your parents’ love and support.

你既对独立充满新的渴望,又对父母的爱与支持有不断的需求。(P17)

6.On the other hand, when you are struggling to control your feelings, you wish they could be more caring and patient…

另一方面,当你努力想控制自己的情感时,你希望他们能更加体贴和有耐心……(P17)

7….sometimes they forget that growing up is a rough ride.

……有时候他们忘记了成长是一段艰难的旅程。(P17)

8.When you disagree with your parents, take a minute to calm down and try to understand the situation from their point of view.

当你和父母意见相左时,花点时间冷静下来,试着从他们的角度去理解情况。(P17)

9.So, we have designed TeenHealthWeb to help you along the journey to adulthood.

因此,我们设计了青少年健康网,以帮助您健康成长。(P20)

10.It is likely that the matter has already been discussed on our forum.

这个问题很可能已经在我们的论坛上讨论过了。(P20)

11.Right now, it’s just making you anxious and having a bad influence on your performance.

现在,这只会让你感到焦虑,并对你的表现产生不良影响。(P21)

12.When we’re at home, she keeps pressing me to study all the time.

我们在家的时候,她总是催着我学习。(P22)

13.I’m eager for my parents’ love.

我渴望父母的爱。(P22)

14.Mama and Her Bank Account

妈妈和她的银行账户(P25)

15.It gave us such a warm, secure feeling.

它给了我们如此温暖和安全的感觉。(P25)

16.When Nels graduated from grammar school, he wanted to go on to high school.

尼尔斯从文法学校毕业后,他想继续读高中。(P25)

17.Eagerly we gathered around the table.

我们急切地围坐在桌旁。(P25)

18.“I will work in Dillon’s grocery after school,” Nels volunteered.

“放学后我将在迪伦的杂货店工作,”内尔斯自告奋勇地说。(P25)

19.Mama reached across the table and touched Papa’s arm.Then she wrote down another figure.

妈妈将手伸到餐桌对面,碰了下爸爸的胳膊。然后她写下了另一个数字。(P25)

20.Christine’s dress for the school play, my little sister Dagmar’s operation…

克莉丝汀为学校演出穿的衣服,我妹妹达格玛的手术……(P26)

21.Stage directions, written in italics, are often given at the start of a new act/scene to tell the reader when and where the play is set.

舞台指导用斜体书写,通常在一个新的一幕/场开始时给出读者情节设定的时间和地点。(P27)

22.He waits for a response but doesn’t get one.

他等待回应,但没有得到回应。(P27)

23.Whatever happened, we always knew we still had the Bank to depend upon.

无论发生什么事,我们都知道我们仍有银行可以依靠。(P26)

【句式剖析】whatever引导让步状语从句,意为“无论什么”,相当于no matter what。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注